Tuesday, September 22, 2015

My Mama, Tante Maria and Sauerkraut Crock making

I remember as a little girl my Mutti ( Mom ) and my Tante ( Aunt ) Marie
would just about every 3 month disappear into the root cellar at my aunts house.


We all know that they where making more sauerkraut in the crock.

Which they did of course,
BUT always wondered WHY are they making Kraut already again,
not eaten that much of it even thou it was for 3 families.

Low and behold to our surprise when we girls got a little older.
The Kraut was Wine Kraut like i mentioned it my very first post on the Blog

So that said, a layer of Kraut, then the Salt, then the white wine,
THEN a swig of wine to each Lady, lol.
And repeat !!!

We had a very happy Mutti and Tante every 3 month or so,

Sure miss those ladies and there great times together.

No comments:

Post a Comment